About Me

My photo
walsall, United Kingdom
Hi & Welcome to my blog. im Kerri. Busy mommy to Alex & Wynter, Nail varnish addict, Nail art lover, Complusive hoarder of Make up, Bargin Hunter, eBay shoppaholic, Mostly eccentric with a little bit of crazy thrown in for good measure... Come say Hi and thank you for viewing my blog!!!

Monday, 13 August 2012

All the pretty colours.Smarty Pants

My one true addiction I have to confess is spending time doing my nails, with colours, glitters, gems, tapes and just about anything I can get to stick to my top coat...lol

If I chose to blog about every blooming marvellous colour I have got in my stash it would take an age, so after much deliberation I have decided to start from the beginning..... the beginning being from the start of this fantastic blog adventure and so in true form that only a dedicated nail varnish addict can sympathise with I was compelled to buy a few new ones...as you do!!!

So here goes with review one of many more to come of the deliciously wicked little bottles of temptation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have said I'm not a label junkie so the cheaper the better in my eyes(& bank balance!), I have chosen a George Nail Varnish to review and please bare with me as I'm new to this review malarkey.


No. 69 Smarty Pants quick dry nail varnish.
£1.75
A mint green cream varnish.

After filing and buffing my nails I used 1 coat of OPI Chip Skip before applying the first coat.
The first and second coats didn't go on very well, streaky is not the word!
Plus the quick drying element of the varnish seemed a little too quick drying for my liking, didn't seem to have enough time to cover the whole nail fully in one sweep.
Not to be disheartened though I attempted a third and final relatively thick coat and luckily it evened itself out nicely, and surprisingly drying time was good considering it was three coats.




To be honest I was a little disappointed with the colour before top coats were applied it was a little dull, wishy washy and just a little on the wrong side of boring.






    So I had no other option but to bling it up ......



.........with a little cheeky leopard spot and zebra stripe design.





This must be the simplest of the nail art I have tried in the past, with two other colours and a good old faithful liquid eye liner(thank you super scrimpers) the pattern is easy to do.I added an extra little zing to the design with matching gems on a few of the spots and golden shimmer to the zebra stripes. With the final layer of top coat I was finally happy with what I had done.









Overall I was happy enough with the final result but I wouldn't recommend this nail varnish if you are in a hurry.

I probably would give this a score of 3.5 out of 5.










Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks

Kerri






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog & thank you for leaving me a comment.I try to respond to everyone within 24 hours.

Kerri