About Me

My photo
walsall, United Kingdom
Hi & Welcome to my blog. im Kerri. Busy mommy to Alex & Wynter, Nail varnish addict, Nail art lover, Complusive hoarder of Make up, Bargin Hunter, eBay shoppaholic, Mostly eccentric with a little bit of crazy thrown in for good measure... Come say Hi and thank you for viewing my blog!!!

Saturday, 18 August 2012

Make up Bag Essentials








  A pick of my favourite make up essentials I couldn't live without



 From left to right: Dirty Works Bye Bye Dark Circles, H & M All This 4 Your Beauty Eye Shadow Palette,
Vital Radiance Brow Fill-In powder-06 Dark Brown, CCUK Lots of Lashes mascara-1 Black,
Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Foundation-Pure Beige, Maybelline Mineral powder Bronzing Powder Duo-Bronze Gleam, Calvin Klein Subliminal Purity Mineral based Loose Powder-Flesh,
Accessorize Eye Wardrobe Eye Shadow Palette.






Dirty Works Bye Bye Dark Circles is an essential element of my make up bag, being an insomniac and a   busy mom of 2 sleep is probably low down on the priority list so this is ideal for concealing those horrible dark bags after a particularly bad night. This was from Salisbury's at around £4.00

------------------------------------------- 

H & M All This 4 Your Beauty Eye Shadow Palette & Accessorize Eye Wardrobe Eye Shadow Palette.
I rarely buy single shadows I find a palette is perfect for me as I tend to put on a colour that  matches my mood for that day and prefer to have all my colours layed out rather than have to rummage in the depths of my case. The H & M palette was bought from their site for £4.00 and the Accessorize Palette was bought from eBay £6.00 including P&P.

-----------------------------------------------

Vital Radiance Brow Fill-In powder-06 Dark Brown is a relatively new item to my stash I paid £2.65 for this item from eBay. I normally use a Rimmel Dark Brown eyebrow pencil but its seen better days but I just cant bare to throw it away so i generally alternate between the two.


-----------------------------------------------

. 
I am lucky to have relatively good skin and don't seem to be sensitive to anything so CCUK Lots of Lashes mascara-1 Black is perfect for me as it is cheap and seems a quality mascara for the money. I paid £1.75 for this from eBay.


-----------------------------------------------

Now my one bug bear is the prices of foundation, for me it is vital to have a good base to start with and like everything else in the UK prices are being hiked to ridiculous amounts.
BUT I found a solution to this, I searched and searched to find the best competitive price and think I fell onto a winner. I now buy the American version of Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Foundation-Pure Beige. It comes in a plastic bottle not glass like the UK version but holds the same amount and quality of foundation as our high streets sell today. I am loath to pay for expensive packaging if I can get it cheaper else where and when its empty whether its glass or plastic its going in the bin anyway. Depending where I go I can pay up to £10 for a 30ml UK version but I have found one that is the same  30ml for £5.99 including free P&P from eBay. It may only seem like a small saving to some but it makes all the difference to me.

-----------------------------------------------


Nothing I like more than to have a nice bronze glow to my face so Maybelline Mineral powder Bronzing Powder Duo-Bronze Gleam is perfect for this. I paid £2.99 for this from eBay.


 ------------------------------------------------

I know my Calvin Klein Subliminal Purity Mineral based Loose Powder-Flesh is a designer brand but I'm not rich enough unfortunately to pay designer prices so this was bought at a discount store for £6.00




What is your make up bag essentials???


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog & thank you for leaving me a comment.I try to respond to everyone within 24 hours.

Kerri