About Me

My photo
walsall, United Kingdom
Hi & Welcome to my blog. im Kerri. Busy mommy to Alex & Wynter, Nail varnish addict, Nail art lover, Complusive hoarder of Make up, Bargin Hunter, eBay shoppaholic, Mostly eccentric with a little bit of crazy thrown in for good measure... Come say Hi and thank you for viewing my blog!!!

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Nail Challenge Day 4.Galaxy

I really wanted to title this post Galaxy dilema, never has painting my nails got me so worked up before, because Galaxy is such a beautiful design and I hadn't got a clue where to start.
After hours of research on YouTube looking for the best tutorial video I thought I had found it.

A gorgeous but seemingly straight forward video by cutepolish.I watched the video countless times, discussed tactics with my hubby, decided on colours and pretty much thought I had it in the bag.

So today I laid out all the equipment I would need.
Black, white, yellow and pink polish, make up sponge, cocktail stick, tweezers, glitter polish and top coat, wished myself luck and began.

That's when I hit a brick wall, I had seriously under estimated what needed to be done, with a quick watch of the video again I carried on.

By the time I had finished I hated what I had done and the amount of time I had wasted on a rubbish design.








Now don't get me wrong the cutepolish video is highly instructive and her nail art abilities are fabulous, it just wasn't something I could pull off, plus my version of the colours just didn't work.

Back on to YouTube I went searching again for some inspiration and I found it, in the form of missjenfabulous. A lovely bubbly American lady and author of the blog polishandpearls.com.

Her approach to the Galaxy design was so simple but effective I just had to have a go.

I am overjoyed with the results, the colours work so well together(well my version of them anyway)with a bit of artistic license I chose blue, purple, grey and white, in my opinion it looks more like the galaxy I have envisioned and so much more time efficient. Taking away drying time the design was completed within about 10 minutes.








I actually can't wait for the 15 day challenge to finish so I can do a full manicure of the simple galaxy design.


Day 5 Challenge is Nude



If anyone wishes to take part in the nail challenge they are more than welcome.
Email me your pictures to necessaryaddiction@gmail.com and all pictures will be featured on my blog remember to include your name or blog address so I can credit your pictures.


Thank you for reading







3 comments:

  1. walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have zero creativity when it comes to my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously, if I can do it I'm sure you can...x
      thanks for the comment

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog & thank you for leaving me a comment.I try to respond to everyone within 24 hours.

Kerri