About Me

My photo
walsall, United Kingdom
Hi & Welcome to my blog. im Kerri. Busy mommy to Alex & Wynter, Nail varnish addict, Nail art lover, Complusive hoarder of Make up, Bargin Hunter, eBay shoppaholic, Mostly eccentric with a little bit of crazy thrown in for good measure... Come say Hi and thank you for viewing my blog!!!

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Get Fit And Feel Epic- A new me (hopefully)


I have been meaning to put myself on a diet for a long time, and always managed to come up with a hundred excuses as to why it should always be put off till tomorrow.......until I came across a post by the lovely Sandra author of  The Black Pearl blog.

Sandra is running a fantastic competition aptly named "Get Fit, Feel Epic" sponsored by moneysupermarket.com to win these fantastic fitness and diet tools.





Suddenly I felt inspired and I'm not afraid to say very much ashamed of myself.

Let me tell you why, I never realised what my terrible diet was doing to my financial situation or lack of it.(Exactly!!)

I have been quite naive in respect of poor diet = poor bank balance.

I found the tool that gave me the kick up the backside I needed for a long time, and its really rather easy to use.
You simply put in how many times you actually indulge in Cigarettes, Alcohol and Fast Food a week, then you put how many times you would prefer to indulge in these things and it works out how much you do spend in a year and how much you would save in a year if you stick to your preferred numbers.

This is where the shocker comes in, when I put all my figures in it told me I can save a massive £1350 a year...that is crazy.

I spend a ridiculous £2588 a year on things that are bad for me, now I'm not stupid I don't expect to completely stop having my indulgences, I have simply reduced the number some what.


Think what I could do with a spare grand......


You can find this excellent calculator here



So finally I had to have a sit down and have a serious discussion with myself.

I have my first family holiday coming up in April, the first in 3 years and wish to drop a dress size or two for it so I have used that as a manageable goal for now. I have decided I want to loose 2 stones in 3 months which I hope is realistic for my situation.

These are the guidelines I have set out for myself:

* Eat breakfast everyday
* Cut out all fizzy drinks
* Drink at least 8 glasses of water or no added sugar juices a day.
* Do at least 1 session of yoga for beginners a day.
* Start to use my EA Sports Active 2 Personal Trainer for PlayStation 3 at least 3 times a week.
* Remove all junk from my diet. Chocolate, Sweets and Crisps, but allow myself one sin day a       week(without going mad).
* Start counting calories and stick to recommended daily amounts.
* Sign up for Graze Boxes for nutritional snacks
And the final one which is a biggy is:

* Start to believe in myself - I CAN DO IT!!!

So I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Sandra for opening my eyes a making me realise just how silly I have been for a very long time.

I'm hoping not only will I have a healthier 2013 but also a richer 2013.

Thank you for reading.


Kerri




2 comments:

  1. Great post Kerri! Thank you for entering the competition and good luck with getting more fit and healthy:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment Sandra.Means a lot.x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog & thank you for leaving me a comment.I try to respond to everyone within 24 hours.

Kerri