About Me

My photo
walsall, United Kingdom
Hi & Welcome to my blog. im Kerri. Busy mommy to Alex & Wynter, Nail varnish addict, Nail art lover, Complusive hoarder of Make up, Bargin Hunter, eBay shoppaholic, Mostly eccentric with a little bit of crazy thrown in for good measure... Come say Hi and thank you for viewing my blog!!!

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Whats In Your Pocket - Blogger Challenge

Imagine my surprise when I checked my email to find a unexpected invitation from Money Supermarket to take part in their latest blogger challenge.









The idea behind Whats In Your Pocket is for people to celebrate life's little wins by finding money you forgot you had.


If you are a blogger or just a reader of blogs you may have seen pieces about this already.

Money supermarket chose a select number of bloggers to take part in this challenge and I was lucky enough to be selected.

So what did this challenge entail??

Money supermarket gave me £20 to do with as I wished.
The only catch was to blog about what I did with the money. All entries received would be in with the chance to win a prize of £200.

Simple........or so I thought!!!

The hard part was deciding what to do with the money. The choices were endless. Did I simply spend it on myself, treat my family, save it or give it to charity.

After much pondering there was only one answer, I would treat someone.

That someone is my dear friend Natalie as there is nothing she wouldn't do to make me happy.
So its about time I returned the favour.

The timing of this challenge is almost heaven sent as Natalie has recently given birth to little Gracie Olivia and the last person to be treated after a birth is the mother.Plus with the cost of raising a family, money is tight.



Gracie Olivia



One thing I know without a shadow of a doubt is that new moms often feel tired, washed out, a little lost and dare I say it frumpy!! lol. Been there,done it twice!

Many many time we have spoken about Natalie wanting to try new things with her appearance and beauty routine. Which gave me the perfect opportunity to lend a helping hand and treat her to something.To get her on her own adventure of becoming Natalie again and not just Mommy.


I got a nice balance with my gifts, with elements of relaxation and pampering.Absolutely perfect for the "me" time a new mom desperately craves.


Now for the simple bit....spending the money.


Dove Mini Pampering Kit



Rimmel Kajal Eye Liner Pencil - Jet Black
Collection Mosaic Glow Bronzer
Collection Smokey Eyes Pallet
Collection Volume Sensations Lipstick - Satin Bow



In total I spent £20.04, this also included a gift bag.


Natalie opening her gifts

Once all the gifts were opened it was time for a pamper.....as all girls do!!!

Natalie after a pamper session....yummy mummy??
Definitely!!


I thoroughly enjoyed taking part in my first official blogger challenge and it definitely gave me the feel good factor.


Thank you for reading

Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for today for the gifts and the make-over, in fact thank you doesn't do justice to how grateful I am. It was a wonderful surprise to be treated and pampered and I really enjoyed it and I have gone from being a frumpy mummy with my new 3 week old and 3 year old to feeling like a yummy mummy, your a wonderful friend and I hope I can return the favor if you ever need it one day you truly are a really special lady and I think everyone should know it. Love lots Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & thank you for leaving me a comment.I try to respond to everyone within 24 hours.

Kerri